soaking » soak and
Spotted in the wild:
- I guess with him being 130 pounds soak and wet he wouldn’t understand. (prevention.com forum, Jul 6, 2004)
- “Last month, my apartment was so hot that I sleep most of the time during the day because I’m sick,” said resident John Lemieux. “But I get up in the afternoon. I’m drenched soak and wet. My chair’s soak and wet. My bed’s soak and wet.” (NBC 10 News, August 4, 2005)
- So, there we were both soak and wet and I was pissed. (getgirls.com, dating tips, February 23, 2004)
- The bus driver said the word “shit” and all the soak and wet passengers had dropped jaws planted firmly on their faces. (link)
- I have a few of all of these at my gym, but what really chaps my a** is the petite “skinny” girls that come in “hawaiian” and very pretty,, but they can’t weigh 100lbs soak and freakin wet! (link)
Analyzed or reported by:
- Lee Rudolph (on this site)
The _soak_ part of _soaking wet_ is reanalyzed as an adjective, or maybe _wet_ is regarded as a verb.
There may be an influence of the song title _Soak-N-Wet_, also spelled _Soak’n Wet_ or _Soak’n'Wet_ on fan sites.