Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2015-12-22 02:01:37

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

"-aste" for "-aced" or "-ased"

She’s a beautiful model, one of very few that has graste the web.
nude photography site

Apartments base on income are there any apartments baste on income in wv or va or nc?
Q&A site

he saw a fox and he chaste him. he caught him.
a kid’s story

As he said that the guards chaste him around and around the city until he got stop in front of Team Rocket.
“short story”: http://buddytrowart.deviantart.com/jour … -578096575

Months after he was born, King Herod chaste him and want him dead.
“blog”: http://wisdomalongtheroad.blogspot.com/

I chaste him butt necked all the way to his front door and when he went in the front door i stopped
another blog

When AI crossovers he leaves dust to his opponent but they are able to chaste him though behind. But when CP3 crossovers, he leaves not just dust but stay-on-the-ground like being shot by a sniper.
basketball discussion

That last example above is chaste for chase, not for chased, but all the other examples have acorns with ”-ed” endings. I use the term “acorns” loosely here, as I doubt any of these are eggcorns. Really, I don’t know what mental process substitutes ”-aste” words for ”-ed” verbs. Interesting sort of substitution, though.

Last edited by Dixon Wragg (2015-12-22 02:38:52)

Board footer