Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2005-11-18 14:29:41

klakritz
Eggcornista

'sell-buy date' for 'sell-by date'

The sell-by date is that date stamped on your milk carton, indicating the last day the milk can be sold. ‘Sell-buy’ seems natural, although it doesn’t actually make much sense. 600+ ghit,, e.g.,

Saucy Sue’s Past Her Sell Buy Date.
www.urdumped.co.uk/display.php?id=212

Is the VC10 past its sell-buy date?
www.vc10.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9& sid=b0ea67f40204ed845000b524e22de62a

I picked up a box of the “GloboGym” ones last week. Only ~$7! The problem is that they are approaching their “sell buy” date.
socaltrailriders.org/forums/viewtopic. php?p=543&sid=38438d50a8082654bcd1c09e25bef2d2 –

These overpaid, scrounging, inbred spongers are past there sell buy date and it is surley time for them to go ?
pne-online.co.uk/forum/printthread. php?t=8215&page=2&pp=10

A place to continue flames between Forum individuals – and topics that are past their sell-buy date as far as the admins are concerned.
www.glasgowwestend.co.uk/yabbse/index.php

That Peter Ndlovu has passed his sell buy date cannot be disputed as the Mamelodi Sundowns player appeared lost for the whole 90 minutes. ...
www.thezimbabwean.co.uk/1-april-2005/sport-soccer.html – 7k – Cached – Similar pages

And any movie that tries to mine drama out of a single ‘delete’ keystroke has passed its sell-buy date.
www.cinemarati.org/index.php/ archives/friday-open-thread-new-releases-6/

The rooms were basic, but clean, although our mattress was past its sell buy date.
www.theotherside.co.uk/tm-heritage/ visit/eat-montreuil-hauts.htm

Is Westminster dead in Westminster (and why should we care) discussed whether Westminster is past its sell-buy date?
www.anzsog.edu.au/news/news.html

Board footer