Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2013-03-02 21:24:24

burred
Eggcornista

"Denzel" for damsel

This is a cupertino, according to the evidence provided in the first hit. Nothing feminine about Mr. Washington. If it’s a malaprop, it might be due to the familiarity of his name. It is capitalized, which is interesting.

OP> Denzel in distress needs some help. Ok, I dropped my bike in my backyard
A> It’s damsel, darlin… we still love ya.
OP> Ok, I was really freaked out. It was pouring raining. I was soaked wet all through to my underwear. My bike was laying out there like a helpless puppy. I couldn’t remember the exact expression and googled it (apparently google thought I meant Denzel). Anyway, life is tough for those of us for whom English is a second language
Biker board

Basically, the female contribution to modern day media is either that of a “Sex Goddess,” or a “ Denzel in distress,”
Essay

Today was a fairytale you were the prince i used to be a denzel in distress
Mondegreen

a rider did pull over and came to my aid. A chick in chunky leathers is still a Denzel in distress
Biker chick

Going to save a Denzel in distress in industrial park..ugh
Automotive service

Board footer