Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2013-03-03 03:24:24

burred
Eggcornista

"Denzel" for damsel

This is a cupertino, according to the evidence provided in the first hit. Nothing feminine about Mr. Washington. If it’s a malaprop, it might be due to the familiarity of his name. It is capitalized, which is interesting.

OP> Denzel in distress needs some help. Ok, I dropped my bike in my backyard
A> It’s damsel, darlin… we still love ya.
OP> Ok, I was really freaked out. It was pouring raining. I was soaked wet all through to my underwear. My bike was laying out there like a helpless puppy. I couldn’t remember the exact expression and googled it (apparently google thought I meant Denzel). Anyway, life is tough for those of us for whom English is a second language
Biker board

Basically, the female contribution to modern day media is either that of a “Sex Goddess,” or a “ Denzel in distress,”
Essay

Today was a fairytale you were the prince i used to be a denzel in distress
Mondegreen

a rider did pull over and came to my aid. A chick in chunky leathers is still a Denzel in distress
Biker chick

Going to save a Denzel in distress in industrial park..ugh
Automotive service

Board footer