Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2015-09-28 12:21:37

David Bird
Eggcornista

I am uphold by your upholing behaviour

I’m talking about you, fifacoins.

Cultural forum It’s safe to say I was uphold by his comments like you & many others I do not support either one.

Car forum I actually went today to a Lexus dealer and took a look at the new RX. I was uphold by the poor built quality of this thing.

Religious forum I assure u that upon reading that , i was upholed and disgusted…

Finescale modelling some German troops, lying in wait to ambush the convoy? Not exactly the best thing for the soldiers (and completely upholing if your an american patriot)

Biker club my british supervisor tag(g)ed this car an upholing heap of junk! hehe..

Complaints wicket Their service is upholing as the bank manager herself promised to gather info and call me back in 24hrs and its been 24hrs time

Fan club Your lack of motivation for ANYTHING in here is upholing, remind me not to try to organize anything anymore.

Uphold is surely a mondegreen for appalled; it doesn’t make much sense. I don’t even want to think about upholing being anything but a mondegreen.

Last edited by David Bird (2015-10-05 17:37:47)

#2 2015-10-06 07:00:49

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Re: I am uphold by your upholing behaviour

Upholed may not be so bad; more constricted perhaps, buttoned up, tightly laced even. Here’s an alternative simbling, temptingly rosy-cheeked:

As a Christian I was appled by the Church/State political rally of Bush Judgeship appointees.

Victorian England was appled by the violence and lewdness of the working classes.

I must say I was appled by the state of the lower levels of the base, which have been abandoned for years and we still didn’t have time to …

Board footer