Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2008-03-05 14:55:37

JonW719
Eggcornista

California Pizza Chicken (vs. Kitchen)

If nothing else, this is sort of fun.

I’m not sure what this is… a commercial eggcorn? I’m not sure if the California Pizza Kitchen is nationwide or regional, but it is a popular chain restaurant in my area. But the name is a bit of a tongue twister, and not only have I heard people say California Pizza Chicken, but it is fairly common on the Web too…. It’s not too difficult to picture the California Pizza Chicken, as a mascot or fictional character. I don’t know if people even are aware that they say it or that they’re wrong, and I can’t say that they actually picture the aforementioned fictional character, which probably might determine its eggcorn-worthiness. (I should note that the chain was one of the first to be known for putting chicken on their pizzas.)

Here are some examples from the Web. It is clear that some are tongue-in-cheek, but many seem to be completely unironic or unintentional.

California Pizza Chicken Commerical « La Luna’s World6 Responses to “California Pizza Chicken Commerical”. Sneaker Says: November 16, 2006 at 8:11 am. I would like to add that BBQ pizza is supposed to be the …
lalunasworld.wordpress.com/2006/11/16/california-pizza-chicken-commerical-2/ – 14k – Cached – Similar pages

Amazon.com: California Pizza Kitchen Pasta, Salads, Soups, And …California Pizza Chicken Recipe a Disappointment I bought this book for only for the jambalya recipe. It tasted NOTHING like the dish at the restaurant. ...
www.amazon.com/California-Pizza-Kitchen … 0688164668 – 211k – Cached – Similar pages

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: California Pizza Kitchen Pasta …1.0 out of 5 stars California Pizza Chicken Recipe a Disappointment, October 9, 2007. By, traveler “Traveler” (Southern California) – See all my reviews …
www.amazon.com/review/product/068816466 … Descending – 196k – Cached – Similar pages

California Pizza chicken (FUNNY IS PRESENT, CLICK ME) – Page 21 …Page 21-California Pizza chicken (FUNNY IS PRESENT, CLICK ME) Vault of [M]ayhem!
www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=505712&page=21 – 88k – Cached – Similar pages

AutoMay, help diagnose the problem – Page 2 – General [M]ayhemCalifornia Pizza Chicken. Old 03-03-2008, 10:35 PM zoopnazi is offline … California Pizza Chicken. Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM zoopnazi is offline …
www.genmay.com/showthread.php?p=22374311 – 7 hours ago – Similar pages
More results from www.genmay.com »

MySpace Jobs – California pizza chicken jobsFind all California Pizza Chicken jobs. California pizza chicken job search made simple at SimplyHired, the largest search engine for jobs.
jobs.myspace.com/a/ms-jobs/list/q-California+Pizza+Chicken – 44k – Cached – Similar pages

California Pizza Kitchen Cerritos | YelpAm I the ony one that tends to blurt ‘California Pizza Chicken’? For some reason, I always to that. I always get the Chicken Tequila Fettucine with a …
www.yelp.com/biz/california-pizza-kitchen-cerritos – 58k – Cached – Similar pages

California Pizza Kitchen – Emeryville, CA – BooRahCalifornia Pizza Kitchen, Emeryville, CA – California Pizza Chicken is a great place anywhere ( not just in Emeryville ). The price is a little pricey for …
www.boorah.com/restaurants/CA/emeryvill … 503D3.html – 40k – Cached – Similar pages

Frozen pizza category has stretched to fill the aisles – On The …Both liked the California Pizza Chicken garlic chicken pizza ($5.69). “That’s pretty good crust for frozen pizza,” Van Winkle said. ...
blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/onthetable/2007/09/frozen_pizza_category_has_stretched_to_fill_the_ai.html – 28k – Cached – Similar pages

Last edited by JonW719 (2008-03-05 15:06:24)

Feeling quite combobulated.

Board footer