Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2012-07-06 09:20:03

David Bird
Eggcornista

You have a lot of bent up anger

It’s a common belief that when you have to contort your anger and frustration in order to keep them hidden, pressure starts to build. Pent up anger can start to twist and warp on its own, as well, I suppose. Bent up anger is also reminiscent of being bent out of shape about something. More than 100 hits.

having ways to release your anger (such as exercise, writing down your thoughts in a diary, etc) can help you release bent up anger in a healthy manner.
Teen advice

Wow a lot of bent up anger and frustration came out in hot yoga today :frown:
Tweet

My grandmother bullied my mom as a child and my mom had a lot of bent up anger towards her.
Memoir

See also pinned up .

I like the idea that frustration and anger can be heating up on the inner stove:

Golf outburst: I bet the father and son have some sort of disagreement and some panned up anger brewing with each other, and when you gave them a slight opening, they jumped all over you.

I am saving up all my panned up frustration and will unleash on them when I get back
http://4guys2girlsandablog.blogspot.ca/ … again.html

because of teacher student identities, they had a little panned up frustration when they
were together.
http://hktopten.orgfree.com/2007/071004.txt

Last edited by David Bird (2012-09-07 18:35:56)

#2 2017-10-03 23:46:14

yanogator
Eggcornista

Re: You have a lot of bent up anger

Today I heard “bent up anger” on the radio. At first I though I might have misheard him, but he repeated it a few minutes later. This was the same national network where last week I heard “placate” pronounced to rhyme with “jacket”.

“I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific.” – Lily Tomlin

#3 2017-10-07 16:11:17

JChance

Re: You have a lot of bent up anger

I like “bent up anger”—it gives me a strong image of spring tension, something about to snap back out violently.

Board footer