Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2017-01-19 11:01:46

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

"ego testicle"

The great Eggcorn Hunt Club on Facebook (which we have barely begun to mine for new eggcorns) mentioned this one, and I was amused enough to look into it. This may be a useful addition to our Trump era vocabularies.

The dilemma of choosing between his ego-testicle life, and pursuing spiritual life was this man agony in his present moment in time brought forth as a question to Roy Masters in this segment.
video summary

Gee, what an ego-testicle bore he was.
news site

Are all of you dudes control freaks, paranoided or just a little “ego-testicle” ??
surfer discussion

You know it took me a few years to get over his previously flawed titles, and I thought, you know just maybe he wasn’t such an ego-testicle-dick-head anymore, but this just goes to show that some things never change.
gamer discussion

There are quite a few of these, even after screening out the obvious puns and jokes. The last example above may, in fact, be conscious wordplay, but I include it to illustrate a possible eggcornish meaning connection: calling someone “ego-testicle” may suggest (however unconsciously), that the egomaniac is a “dick”, a “dickhead”, a “tool”, a “prick”, etc. with connections to the sort of overbearing, “ballsy” behavior associated with a surfeit of testosterone.

Last edited by Dixon Wragg (2017-01-19 11:04:34)

Board footer