Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2019-08-19 18:27:43

pwoodford
Website

Letter of Accommodation for Letter of Commendation

I heard a colleague this morning talk about getting a military letter of accommodation. At first I thought it might be more of a verbal tic than an actual eggcorn, but I ran a Twitter search and found many examples in writing. Here’s one:

“To: Your little friends and circle of cult people, My Military Career is very real, My Combat Training, Martial Arts; etc. rank, ribbons, medals, letter of accommodation, certifications, 4 honorable discharges. all the 12 years of Service are real.”

It didn’t take long to find misspelled examples:

“The Air We Breathe: We cleaned the air at the Pentagon after the 9/11. We were awarded Letter of Accomodation from the Dept of Defense.”

“My hubby just got a letter of accomadation for the Admiral in San Diego… GO BABY!!!!”

I decided not to go any farther down that rabbit hole.

On On,
Paul Woodford
Paul’s Thing

Board footer