Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2019-12-08 14:08:59

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

outrocity

Thanks to my adoptive parrents for institutionalizing me and the unspeakable outrocities, that occured, which cannot be repeated.

Congressional Record: Proceedings and Debates of the … ... https://books.google.com › books United States. Congress – 1919 – ‎Law German outrocities : article by IOr. Newell I wight Hillis on, 1324. Government buildings on Union Station Plaza, 35S. Guaranty price of wheat to producers, 4441, ...

It’s Thomson company that committed these outrocities. He does not know if iney were even taken to police and court.

Maybe the ideal communist ideology isn’t so bad, but the outrocities, which were done in the Soviet union (under Stalin) and my country are not …

If she admitted on camera these outrocities, then she should be prosecuted along with those assisting her under our criminal laws.

true unkillable lords, destroys all spells in 4 magic faces – gg oh wait, not gg, its fucking BAD GAME! GW needs to be slapped for this outrocity …

Sometimes it is simply outrocious:

they should eliminate that outrocious rule with the yellow cards and missing the next match, its bs!

United States. Congress – 1825 – ‎United States … there was one conclusive objec: ion to the motion. It proposed to strike out the whole alary. Now, if this officer had been guilty of the most outrocious offences, ...

Restraunt is outrocious, menu consists of 5 items and even those are bad. Mussels where literally the worst I have ever tried

Stayed 4 nights. room is old. lights busted. TV sometimes do not work. WIFI outrocious. breakfast convenient and value for …

Looks like a good egg (or pair of eggs), with out- “beyond norms” substituting for the meaningless (or at best blah) a-, and words like outrage(s/ous) and outré mixed in to the scramble.
_Outro City” can be found though most if not all of those hits look advertent and purposeful.

Last edited by DavidTuggy (2019-12-08 14:28:27)

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#2 2019-12-10 10:41:50

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Re: outrocity

There seemed something familiar about outrocity/outrocious. Adding outspoken to the mix I came across this near-relative.

As the definition of copied clearly says a thing made to be similar or identical to another and they have the the outdacity to wipe the fact off brick planet and didnt inform anyone about it.

And it became clear that I was misremembering Dickens.

It’s not in the nature of Pecksniff to shame us, unless he agreed with us, or done us a service: and, in case he offered us any outdacity of that description, we could express our sentiments in the English language, I hope?

“No, old chap. But bearing in mind that them were which I meantersay of a stunning and outdacious sort,—alluding to them which bordered on weal-cutlets and dog-fighting,—a sincere well-wisher would adwise, Pip, their being dropped into your meditations, when you go up stairs to bed. That’s all, old chap, and don’t never do it no more.”

Board footer