Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-11-11 15:04:53

HarryStyron

reeking havoc

From a testimonial given by two dogs about a boat:

“As guide’s dogs we wanted to let others know how we feel about this awsome product. This boat rocks. 21” high at the oar locks, allows us easy acess in and out of the boat. The wide 54” bottom allows for a stable ride even when my brother and I get off center. The dual polycarbonate rod holders keep us from reeking havoc on our dads high dollar fishing sticks.

The super comfy seats and plenty of room lead to an enjoyable float for our dads clients. Who in turn tip well to keep us in dog biscuits. The seats are easily removable which allows us plenty of room. Camping out of this boat is awsome, plenty of room for all the comforts of home. The rowers seat has plenty of adjustment so our mom can grab the oars and row it up while our pops fishes.

We think the best aspect of this fine fishing craft is the super low maintanance, easy to clean and repairs,from our mom hitting rocks are a snap, like P-texing a ski base. This means on our dads guiding days off he can take us floating , which makes us happy, instead of timley costly repairs.This is without a doubt the most dog/family friendly driftboat on the market today. The fact that John, Dave, Kelly, and the rest of the crew at Hog Island are super cool, friendly, and customer service orientated is the best bonus of all. Thanks for hookin our dad up with such a bomber product. Get your mojo on and “float and be happy”.

Tigger and Monte Dibblee”

source: http://hogislandboatworks.com/news.html

Is there a name for testimonials (and holiday letters) written by pets?

#2 2007-11-11 18:13:36

Fishbait2
Eggcornista
Website

Re: reeking havoc

reekomendation?

#3 2017-10-16 13:47:36

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

Re: reeking havoc

“Reek havoc” is mentioned in the Database and there are quite a few examples on the Internet. The definition of “reek” mentioned in the Database includes “1 : to emit smoke or vapor 2 a : to give off or become permeated with a strong or offensive odor”. The eggcornish meaning connection could be the fact that when havoc is wrought, we are often left with smoke or a nasty smell—as I am reminded all this past week as I smell the smoke from nearby wildfires that have “reeked” havoc in Santa Rosa and other areas near where I live.

Board footer