Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2018-01-03 12:13:58

David Bird
Eggcornista

Simbling rivals

For the offspring of a single acorn what about simblings, which has scrambled bits of semblance, similar and sibling, and reference can then be made to a single simbling where required.
The christening

Peter is the genitor of the word simbling that has become an indispensable part of eggcorn vocabulary. There are more scrambled semblances of siblings and simblings. The eponym itself is out there.

Kevin is the little brother of Cody, who is constantly overshadowed by is older brothers geat success. Sounds like a simbling rivalry but its actually the exact opposite!
gamer

Simbling rivalry has reared it’s ugly head and you and Audrey are frequently at odds with each other over any little thing.
Mum’s blog

There is also a simpler form based solely on similitude.

If you have i need to know five themes for the book. All i could think of is simling rivalry.
Yahoo questions

haha, yeah i think it did lol. yeah, vin just thinks im younger :XD: lol, coz he wants to be older
XD Isn’t that always it? Simling rivalry? XD
fanfic forum

Those little sublings can be contentious.

“Lisa’s First Word” explores the relationship between Bart and Lisa in the best possible way, proving that the two have underlying love for one another that adds a completely different edge to their subling rivalry dynamic.
fan forum

The poster girl of ancient Egypt comes to life in this vivid story of subling rivalry, heresy and ambition, as told by Nefertiti’s sister.
review

OMG! I was right then that Lady Ninomiya is Jun’s mom! Another subling rivalry between Jun & Nino…
fan forum

Last edited by David Bird (2018-01-03 23:23:24)

#2 2018-01-05 14:32:24

kem
Eggcornista

Re: Simbling rivals

Didn’t realize we hadn’t documented the source of our (great) vocabulary term. Good catch.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer