Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2018-08-07 10:56:44

David Bird
Eggcornista

"Model" for motto

Reddit’s boneappletea continues to be a source for some interesting eggcorns, for those with the patience to wade through it all. Here’s a screenshot from someone’s dating site profile:

That’s a clever model for a motto. It’s so natural that it is sometimes difficult to know when model has strayed into Eggcornistan.

“My model has always been that if you’re the smartest person in the room you’re in the wrong room”.
Business inspiration

As a bona fide “globetrotter” who is globally aware, my model has always been “home is where I’m at.”
Business profile

Now it is down to the sports and outdoor textile manufacturers who are developing a much stronger signature style to fit into the fashion market than has spurned a stronger sports-inspired look, an evolution of athleisure. “Everyone in the whole upstream supply chain has to be much more on their toes and no matter what kind of business, my model has always been, go the extra mile! ”
Business blurb quotation

Last edited by David Bird (2018-08-07 10:57:06)

#2 2018-08-30 08:39:03

kem
Eggcornista

Re: "Model" for motto

Great find. But as you say, hard to document. Here’s are a couple of obvious ones:

Local news reporting site: “ The Boy Scout model is ‘Be Prepared,’ and that’s exactly how Pack 5 from Parsippany was when it showed up recently with toiletries, scarves, hats and gloves to distribute to the homeless”

Medicine/health ezine: “When I give talks about being a team physician, I say that I was a Boy Scout, and the Boy Scout model is to always be prepared. In sports medicine, if you’re prepared for everything, then you’re surprised by nothing.”

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer