Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2014-10-14 15:29:08

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

repricautions and reprecautions

We’ve had reaper cushions (whatever they are), and more to the point, reaper-cautions (last of the same series of posts), but these two I think are probably better eggcorns than either of those, as making more sense.

i have lived here for over a year. what repricautions are there in leaving?

There is no way in hell I would do anything unethical at Jackson State or any Black institution that would cause negative repricautions.

As a trader or Broker, if someone comes with shares for you to sell, you just sell it and they have to deal with the legal repricautions of any restrictions

Even if it did work I will be afraid of the security repricautions since again, it was design as a middle tier solution.

it’s possible to leave the Church of Sweden without any repricautions. But funeral and those things are easier for you relatives if you’re a member

I AM LITTLE TALIBAN LYRICS – Unknown Terorist – just some lyrics
www.justsomelyrics.com/.../unknown-tero … yrics.html I knew that repricautions would come and it’s a great commercial for Islam It’s not a much but now i can. See my house on CNN

Obviously repercussions are negative things you want to exercise caution about incurring. I think the repri is likely linked to the negative beginnings of words like reprimand and reprisal and perhaps reprihensible (yes, it’s out there in its thousands, with that spelling.) The first two, and people’s judgment and application of the third, are all negative results one might wish to be wary (cautious) of. Or, of course, this could be just a misspelling of precautions. Which of course also occurs (and considerably more commonly) so spelt:

What are the reprecautions of a parent being in contempt of court

What reprecautions are there 4 falsely claiming citizenship

Question – what are the legal reprecautions of going into foreclosure

I decided on shooting them and I killed them all. So I was wondering if killing them has any reprecautions?

The reprecautions of this will be felt for generations to come.

The prefix re – is protean enough that it feels like it ought to fit in well enough even if it’s not wonderfully easy to be sure exactly how. Maybe it’s intensificatory: reprecautions might be strong, or strongly recommended, precautions, or something like that. Precautions may be strongly recommended because of anticipated repercussions, and the repercussions (in the form of fears or restrictive policies intended to be preventive) may in fact consist of strong precautions.
The following example was interesting as fitting the meaning “precautions” and not that of “repercussions”:

So, tomorrow I’m getting a vinyl record from a friend as a gift. And long story short, the only way I can get it is if we keep it in a car for 2-3 hours. It’s supposed to be 66 degrees and it will be in my car and most likely in the sun for that time. Are there any reprecautions we can take to avoid melting?

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#2 2014-10-16 10:52:07

kem
Eggcornista

Re: repricautions and reprecautions

First class eggcorn.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#3 2019-04-01 08:35:01

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: repricautions and reprecautions

No foolin’ (despite the date), I heard this variation and then found it online:

beware of the repercautions

The repercaution of foolishness is equal to the repercaution of wickedness.

Basically, sellers can do whatever with no repercautions!! BUYERS BEWARE! People are not properly screened on this website

The media should put effort to make every parent in the country to be aware of the repercautions if they matreat their children.

(The poor word has been badly matreated, I’m afraid.)

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

Board footer