Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2008-04-20 00:03:50

visiongate

heart-rendering instead of heart-rending

Someone recently recommended a touching film, describing it as “heart-rendering.”

#2 2008-04-20 00:54:17

patschwieterman
Administrator

Re: heart-rendering instead of heart-rending

Welcome to the forum, visiongate.

This one has shown up a handful of times on the forum. I think the earliest post was this very minimal one from almost three years ago:

#433 Commentary by Wade Hassler , 2005/06/16 at 4:04 pm
is “heart-rendering” in the database yet?

#3 2019-12-11 02:01:17

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

Today I encountered this variation that isn’t about the heart:

Insane…unstable…unpredictable…and with enough power to render the earth asunder, the Molecule Man is accidentally brought back to life by the Silver Surfer.
FB group post

#4 2019-12-17 09:19:37

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Another that isn’t about the heart. No soft or easy rending either.

It’s strange, and beautiful, and hard-rending, and incomprehensible, and once you’ve watched it it will never leave you

This was an well written hard rending account of the Hinckley firestorm of 1894.

The Guru has sketched a hard rending picture of the conditions prevalent at that time, he has exposed the corruption, cruelty of these blood-thirsty beasts of prey.

How much harder can a heart get, I wonder?

While WMATA officials seem to be hard harded on the issue, Houston’s transit authority concedes that bus drivers, like most of us, have bladders, too.

My aunt in Chiba is pretty hard-harded, so isn’t interested in moving (even temporarily to the western portion of the country…

The king of Mycenae. He is portrayed as arrogant and hard-harded at times.

Board footer