Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2020-03-29 09:33:39

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'father beans' for 'fava beans'

More on the th-fronting thront.

So I think I’m probably going to try his pizza with the father beans both whole and in a sort of pesto, with ricotta or vegan ricotta and paper thin slices of lemon on …

Would we permit tens of thousands of budding “Hannibal Lecters” among us to cook up fried human brains with “a nice Chianti and some Father beans”?

I like to eat my ribs raw with some liver and father beans. Very tasty, I must now run.

In a all new episode of the podcast Tom, Tyler and Aiden review some Father beans in food review, the return of war of words with new rules…

mmmmm i like that with some father beans and nice sauce hehe
It’s Fava. “I ate his liver with Fava beans and a nice bottle of Chianti”

Could Goldilocks and the Three Beans be exerting some influence? Father is clearly the biggest of the three, while the fava is the biggest of the bean family. Known mainly as the broad bean in the UK – told you they were big – I’ve just sown a double row and will eat them pod and all if I catch them young enough. The pods of older specimens, incidentally, can be used to cure warts by rubbing with the soft furry interior before discarding.

Board footer