wry » rye
Spotted in the wild:
- “Australia itself is also a target. I would warn Thais visiting Australia to be careful because this country is a target too. They should only travel to safe cities or spots,” Thaksin told reporters on Friday with a rye smile on his face. (CNN, May 16, 2003)
- Hagel has military heroism (not the same as McCain’s POW story, but who has that), a rye sense of humor, and seems to enjoy jabbing his own party members when they disagree. (Daily Kos, Jan. 22, 2004)
- Constantine did have a rye humor and he may have well said what Chrysostom reports. (Greek American Review, Apr. 2004)
- Okoth was up midway through the count with a rye grin on his face. (BritishBoxing.net, Nov. 26, 2004)
- My husband and I met with him this morning. He looked better today than I’ve seen him. His spirit was bright. He was smiling and laughing. He has that rye sense of humor. He’ll say, “Gladys, are you still singing?” He is funny. (Utah Valley Magazine, Jan/Feb 2005)
Like the bread or the whiskey?