narrow » arrow
Spotted in the wild:
- She who seeks to coexist with her avatar must follow the straight and arrow. (link)
- Left with nothing, and realizing what he has lost, he quickly goes on the straight and arrow. (link)
- The media serve as a watchdog to keep political leaders on the straight and arrow. (US Senator Chuck Grassley, Iowa)
- “If I’m keeping the straight and arrow and I’m not doing anything wrong there should be no reason why they can’t go through and read my instant messages,” says his daughter, Jamie. (CBS News)
Analyzed or reported by:
- Ken Lakritz (on this site)
The preceding _and_ is required. In casual speech, _and arrow_ and _and narrow_ are homophonous for many speakers.
Possible influence via the idioms _a straight arrow_ and _straight as an arrow_.
See also _straight as a narrow_.