figment » pigment
Spotted in the wild:
- I hadn’t realised the comic strips in the funny pages were so deep. I thought Hobbes was just a pigment of Calvin’s imagination. (link)
- Soul mates a pigment of the hyperactive imagination? (link)
- Darfur is not a pigment of a hedonists imagination-it exists and the worst affected are the children-the girls who regardless of age have been raped on countless occasions since the fighting began,the boys who have been forced to become soldiers and murderers,the babies that have died due to starvation. (link)
- This is all just a pigment of anyone’s imagination. (link)
Analyzed or reported by:
- Davezilla.com (Malapropisms and mispronunciations)
A pigment is a small particle of paint that could be construed as something that colors one’s imagination.
This eggcorn was pointed out to me by Michel Valdrighi.