Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-09-27 03:49:38

jorkel
Eggcornista

flabberGASSED (-gasted)

Google counts on Sept. 27, 2006
1,950,000 flabbergasted
750 flabbergassed —proposed eggcorn.
Analysis by Joe Krozel

“Flabbergast” means to overwhelm with shock, surprise or wonder. The notion of being “gassed” seems to mean about the same: being overwhelmed by a pervading condition (which might also cause shock, surprise or wonder). The eggcorn FlabberGASSED follows.

Examples:

JFK Exhibit F-491She is flabbergassed, but aggrees to help. She checks with her boss, main office Intour; than helps me add. a letter to Sup. Sovit asking for citizenship, ...
mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/jfkinfo2/jfk4/f491.htm – 29k – Cached – Similar pages

The Official Halloween Message Board – Your Opinions on Halloween …I am flabbergassed that you just saw it . . . especially since you been registered so long . And it also , is my favorite . . . great movie . . . and if H9 …
www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?s=c528502fd … &pagenu… – 173k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Star Wars: Message BoardsI ’ m still flabbergassed we went to Iraq when every house member after … Flabbergassed – - WMD ? ? There are no Canadian forces in Iraq other than …
forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=239924&start=1095 – 59k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Amazon.com: Profile for Those That KnowI am flabbergassed why this novel has not had wide distributuin in the United States. I got it on Thursday and with a busy schedule just finished on Sunday …
www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1PVOR837OUMHO?ie=UTF8 – 64k – Cached – Similar pages

Evolution – March 2000: Re: Evolution, Christianity, HomosexualThe minister was flabbergassed to see the information she shared with him about people of intersexuality (there are numerous …
www.asa3.org/archive/evolution/200003/0078.html – 23k – Cached – Similar pages

Usenet ArchiveI was flabbergassed that AutoZone , Car Quest , Napa and Advanced Auto Parts don ‘t carry this tool . The manual says to use this tool . ...
www5.allusenet.org/pages/14363.html – 55k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

#2 2012-03-24 09:38:32

burred
Eggcornista

Re: flabberGASSED (-gasted)

Encountered this morning.

Also occasionally am speechless and flabergassed so much by politics, i am not sure what to say or do other than vote when opportunity arises.

#3 2016-06-20 16:47:14

actesq

Re: flabberGASSED (-gasted)

I too was moreless flabbergassed by the political process.

Board footer