Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-10-14 17:58:34

jorkel
Eggcornista

BeatNECK (beatnik)

Google counts on Oct 14, 2006
201,000 beatnik
4470 beatneck

There are rubbernecks and rednecks, so it’s not unexpected that one might transform a beatnik into a beatneck.

Examples:

Sammy Kershaw – Labor Of Love Lyrics, Lyring Text, Song Text, Free …It don’t matter if you’re redneck, intellect, a beatneck Well it all works the same, lordy lordy lordy lord now You gotta swing that hammer …
www.freesonglyrics.info/141643-Sammy-Ke … yrics.html – 19k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

LIME WIRE for MAC: BE CAREFUL [Archive] – Mac ForumsIn this little beatneck town in which I live, I have 5 companys BEGGING me to switch to their cable/dsl service. So much competition Has brought down the …
forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-22530.html – 13k – Cached – Similar pages

Allen Ginsberg | Comments about “A Supermarket In California …Ginsburg had done the literary thing, and the beatneck thing. Like Kerouac he had seen America, and now looking back uses Whitman to show what America once …
plagiarist.com/poetry/374/comments/ – 15k – Cached – Similar pages

sousveillance blog » Blog Archive » CFP: Bradley Rhodes and his …David Brin sent me a very interesting email about the how the cyberpunks, just at the beatneck poets, where both reacting against authoritarian states: but …
www.sousveillance.org/journal/?p=124 – 13k – Cached – Similar pages

Elfwood: All comments. (Anneke Broenink)The best there is! in another corner a group of elfwoodians dressed in beatneck attire Now, that’s just an outfit for Ashley! :) weave their stories of …
www.broenink-art.nl/anneke/commpart2.html – 513k – Cached – Similar pages

Board footer