Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-10-14 19:55:24

jorkel
Eggcornista

DRENCH coat (trench coat)

Google counts on Oct 14, 2006
1,400,000 “trench coat”
455 “drench coat”—eggcorn
Analysis by Joe Krozel

A trench coat is a waterproof overcoat with a removable lining (originally) designed to wear in trenches. Nowadays, most people might wear them in rainy weather. But if you really want to avoid getting drenched, then you might consider wearing a drench coat

Examples:

Forwardgarden.comI shove my clammy hands into the warm wool pockets of my soaked drench coat. I lower my head, raindrops dripping from my tattered brim. Slowly I walk away… ...
www.forwardgarden.com/forward/127934.html – 18k – Cached – Similar pages

Yahoo! Auctions – LONDON FOG COAT; FULL LENGTH -8-LIGHT COLOR NICE …THIS IS A FULL-LENGHT DRENCH COAT! CANT’ FIND THE MATERIAL BUT IT IS VERY SOFT! NO STAINS OR RIPS THAT I CAN SEE! MORE INTEREST E-MAIL ME! ...
auctions.yahoo.com/i:LONDON%20FOG%20COAT%3B%20FULL%20LENGTH%20-8-LIGHT%20COLOR%20NICE:97206839 – 30k – Cached – Similar pages

Amazon: So You’d Like To… – View Guide “become a John Cusack …Oh…and it has John Cusack soaking wet in a drench coat giving those wise, puppy-dog eyes we’ve come to love soo much. Not that that’s the only reason I …
www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syltguides/fu … GJY85UU6OS – 68k – Cached – Similar pages

Spider-Man – Do you have the most popular halloween costume this …my mum was going to get me a short drench coat then , i was goin to find some fake spikes and make them look like they wer came out my back and through the …
boards.sonypictures.com/spiderman/showthread.php?s=a2ae811fe4fe79449f2c745977f1b1e5&postid=779971 – 122k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

What were you scared of when you were young?... WTF and then a big guy that looked like the Big Show from wrestling wearing a drench coat pulled out a gun and I told my dad and we went to the basement …
www.msghelp.net/showthread.php?action=l … &uid=43150 – 61k – Cached – Similar pages

ORTHODIXIE … Southern, Orthodox, Convert, Etc.: CullyrockThere stood a figure whose long dark drench coat was flapping in the wind. He had his hands in his pockets and stood motionless. I almost cried. ...
southern-orthodoxy.blogspot.com/2004/10/cullyrock.html – 39k – Cached – Similar pages

MafiaRPG.com – The Biggest & Best Mafia RPG Message Board on the …Joey then put on a drench coat , to hide his Sniper Rifle , and tied it firmly . ... Joey took off his drench coat and threw it into the speeding cars below …
www.mafiarpg.com/viewtopic.php?t=30695& … ght=&si… – 124k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Last edited by jorkel (2006-10-14 19:56:52)

Board footer