Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-10-15 08:18:39

jorkel
Eggcornista

GanGREEN (gangrene)

Google hits on Oct. 15, 2006
1,770,000 gangrene
93,100 gangreen—eggcorn
Analysis by Joe Krozel

Gangrene is the local death of soft tissue due to loss of blood supply. One may conjure up the impression that such a region of tissue might turn green, whence ‘gangreen.”

Examples:

The Federal Vampire and Zombie Agency :: View topic – What is the …I got gangreen once i was running in the woods barefoot . cuz i ran by a … it turned green went to the doctor and she said that it was gangreen and if i …
www.fvza.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=103 … c138f85… – 80k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

FERRET-SEARCH archives—September 1999 (#1016)I noticed that it ’ d turned green , as a bruise will . ... Gangreen ? 2 it’s a spider bite that has killed the cells causeing an infection . ...
listserv.cuny.edu/Scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind9909&L=ferret-search&D=1&P=102719 – 11k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Yahoo!7 Answers – Infection?... though you could run the risk of gangreen and could lose part of your leg. ... You know you have an infection when it gets green and puss comes out. ...
au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061002190705AAk3oat – 141k – Cached – Similar pages

GANGREENNow the prolem start is that her foot infected by gangreen and her fingers are become … GANGREEN. sadia Member Member Avatar Joined: 09 July 06 …
www.hpathy.com/homeopathyforums/forum_p … =4528&PN=1 – 31k – Oct 13, 2006 – Cached – Similar pages

Practically Perfect: Revelations… deranged carcass that kept hanging around with rotting teeth and gangreen eyeballs ? ’ ... Also don ’ t want them to rot and turn green as yours have . ...
practically-perfect.blogspot.com/2005/10/revelations.html – 44k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Green Skin – www.ezboard.comI don ’ t think you have gangreen . I am a nurse and you WOULD know the difference … If it is what they call dry gangreen it wil simply turn black and the …
p072.ezboard.com/fohioparanormalinvestigationnetworkfrm2.showMessage?topicID=88.topic – 16k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

1 of my toes as turned green wot cud it b?1 of my toes as turned green wot cud it b? Question: ... Go see your doc it might be gangreen and ifect the rest of your foot …
www.dmt123.com/mens-health/539-dmt123-1.html – 7k – Cached – Similar pages

Knight RealmsHe called me up screeming that his neck had turned green after wearing it for a … I convinced him he must have goten gangreen and that he should go to the …
www.knightrealms.com/modules.php?name=F … highlight= – 112k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Last edited by jorkel (2006-10-15 08:20:26)

#2 2006-10-15 15:02:24

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Re: GanGREEN (gangrene)

Jorkel, I would have eggcorned this in this way as a child; in my native dialect ‘gan’ means ‘go’ and everyone knows that things that gan bad usually gan green. (This reminds me of your recent ‘whirled peas’ post; ‘Turk’s Head’, a favoured public house, I used to pronounce as’Talk’s Heed’ – still do when I’ve had a few.)

Board footer