Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-10-19 00:28:04

jorkel
Eggcornista

You TRADER!! (traitor)

A “traitor” is one who defies another’s trust. As an eggcorn, a “trader” is probably one who trades his friends or principles for his own self-benefit. Perhaps it may even involve the sports analogy of the (once-unpopular?) free agent—and the alleged scoundrels(?) who would trade one player for another.

Examples:

Here are a few related to sports…

WGN Morning News – WGN-TV | ChicagoSo leave this tradition alone, or start cheering for the Whitesox you trader!!! Posted by: Don | September 19, 2005 11:22 PM …
blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/weblog/wgnsports/2005/05/7th_inning_singers_2.html – 24k – Cached – Similar pages

Tiki Central Forums – Topic: HelzTiki’s Last Stand at the Mai Kai …Posted: 2006-06-27 06:58 am You know we’ll be there. You trader! View Profile of Loki · Send a personal message to Loki · Edit/Delete This Post · Reply with …
www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtop … 49&forum=4 – 45k – Cached – Similar pages

Shaolin SoccerWTF!!! you trader!!! SELLOUT!!! you havent seen matrix yet!!... im embarrased to be a super moderator with you now!! #Im with Stupid …
www.ozzu.com/ftopic744.html – 26k – Cached – Similar pages

Roll Call [Archive] – CareCure Forumschick – you trader you. I was in New Zealand for work at the time of the second cross town battle so the Sox are ahead 2 wins and 1 loss by my count and the …
sci.rutgers.edu/forum/archive/index.php/t-22437.html – 43k – Cached – Similar pag

Here are a few appearing in fictional writing…

mount olympus”You trader!” Ares says coming towards Hephaestus. All of the sudden Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty, kicks him. Four years later they continue the …
warrensburg.k12.mo.us/lanmyths/R2Group4/Webpage/amanda%20html – 4k – Cached – Similar pages

Neopets Story CompetitionYou trader!” Snatch yelled to Melvio. And with that the evil Snatch bounded on top of Melvio, knocking him out cold. Korteus gasped. ...
www.neopets.com/art/storytell.phtml?issue=22 – 51k – Cached – Similar pages

– Chapter 5You have the wrath of Lurgha upon you, trader! Keep away from us lest Lurgha’s wrath fall upon us also.” Lurgha was the local storm god, Ross recalled. ...
www.tokyopop.com/Yuki527/fiction/6698.html – 26k – Oct 17, 2006 – Cached – Similar pages

Other examples:

CNN.com – TranscriptsCurse be upon your mustache, you trader.” Goodness. Al Jazeera was carrying it live in Qatar and Egypt. After the exchange, the Egyptian feed was cut. ...
transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0303/05/asb.00.html – 70k – Cached – Similar pages

525 Reasons to Dump Bush: #196 – Shameless Propagandaget a life. move to germany or france and act like a looser over there. people like you make me sick. just get the hell out of our country, you trader. ...
www.525reasons.com/archives/000679.html – 9k – Cached – Similar pages

#2 2006-10-19 13:36:29

jorkel
Eggcornista

Re: You TRADER!! (traitor)

I didn’t bother to check the Eggcorn Database before I entered my post, so it would seem that this eggcorn is already taken:

http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/english/12/trader/

Board footer