Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2006-10-20 21:24:30

jorkel
Eggcornista

subLIMITal (subliminal)

Google counts on Oct. 20, 2006
7,680,000 subliminal
3810 sublimital—eggcorn
Analysis by Joe Krozel

Loosely, “subliminal” means “existing below the threshhold (Latin: limen) of detection. As an eggcorn, “sublimital” must derive from the prefix “sub-” applied to the base “limit,”—to be construed as “below the detection limit,” if you will.

Examples:

Is there a site for the sublimital messages – eBaum’s World ForumIs there a site for the sublimital messages Music.
www.ebaumsworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17703 – 41k – Cached – Similar pages

sublimital messages informationContains many sublimital messages resources. Click here if you are looking for sublimital messages.
www.atprivatc.info/articles/sublimital-messages.html – 9k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Backpage.com Forums – For anyone who’s been here awhilethe “member” part is actually a thinly veiled sublimital suggestion about “our members.” A senior member is 65+ and I believe “Senior member” should be …
forums.backpage.com/archive/index.php/t-4082.html – 20k – Cached – Similar pages

Three Six Mafia praising Lucifer? | Progressive UIT is the perfect way to sneak in a sublimital message. I know this because My youth pastor grew up with Three six mafia he was friends with them in High …
www.progressiveu.org/175502-three-six-m … er_page=90 – 30k – Cached – Similar pages

KJ-52 Message Board :: View topic – demonic spirits in HIP HOP musicwether you believe it or not , the entertainment industry uses sublimital messages all the time . and we as consumers dont even know it most of the time …
kj52.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=15082&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=e63870bd1ad708… – 76k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Fox news [Archive] – TribalWar ForumsI hate all news, but i’d rather deal with the blatant, obxnoxious fox propoganda than the subtle, sublimital left wing propoganda…yeah i’m drunk i don’t …
www.tribalwar.com/forums/archive/index. … 78079.html – 66k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Board footer