Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2005-11-20 00:20:38

klakritz
Eggcornista

'favor of the month' for 'flavor of the month'

colloquially, the flavor of the month is whatever is momentarily fashionable or in favor. About 500 ghits:

They change depending on what the favor of the month is. The customer doesn’t know what to expect.
www.prioritymagazine.com/march05/brandaid0305.html

... I mean they are practically killing themselves over who is going to sign me first. J: Well it must be nice being the favor of the month.
malibuway.net/contract_advice.htm

Also when a breed becomes the “favor of the month” so to speak then unfortunely the “for money only” breeders can ruin the breed.
freerepublic.com/~apackof2/in-forum

Indeed, I still think the VoneRR is very good and very competitive especially when you consider the cost of it. However it is not the favor of the month.
www.rcmodel.com.hk/lb5000/printpage.cgi … &topic=971

But I’m sure Howard and Bush will be attacked for whatever the favor of the month is.
webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/jack_robertson_comment/000710.html

There are many more – there are development methodologies that tend to be the favor of the month.
discuss.fogcreek.com/joelonsoftware/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=67894

As one of those Hate-mongering, backwards, stick up the arse, whatever else the favor of the month to describe us is…
chud.com/forums/printthread.php?t=70176

Board footer