Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-11-18 11:12:59

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Alfalfa male/ Alpha male

alpha male – 1,120,000 ghits
alfalfa male – 613 ghits

Most citations are wordplay, and those that aren’t are likelier to be malapropisms than eggcorns, but bearing in mind alfalfa’s rapid growth and ease of germination it seems to me ( as it often does with the unlikeliest of putative eggcorns) that someone, somewhere may have misheard ‘Alpha male’ as ‘Alfalfa male’ and somehow seen vegetative fecundity as being a prime masculine quality?

Schlager actually said Alfalfa Male! Comment by Ray | Email | 6/16/2006 – 1:19 am. OK. I went back & tried to get through some more, but the next 2 …
polipundit.com/wp-comments-popup.php?p=13624&c=1 – 156k

GoldGold would end Samoa Joe’s winning steak , bury Abyss , stiff kick and end Styles career , refuse to work with the alfalfa male Monty Brown , bury evey …
boards.1up.com/.../message?board.id=wrestling&message.id=34825&view=by_date_ascending&page=11 – 136k

... what “organization” the Liberals meet under but the white males refer to themselves as the He-Man Women Haters Club – their leader is an Alfalfa male. ...
www.mail-archive.com/ctrl@listserv.aol. … 69772.html – 10k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Now as much as I like the Alfalfa male, he is not ready to wear the belt. He is ready for a title shot but not ready to lead the company. ...
boards.1up.com/zd/board/print?board.id=wrestling&message.id=36771&page=1&format=page – 10k – Supplemental Result – Cached

... you out into the parking lot, tase your ass and then knock your teeth down your throat with the taser. That’s how a true alfalfa male comports himself. ...
www.literotica.com:81/forum/archive/ind … 83252.html – 26k – Supplemental Result – Cached

Wulfgar is one alfalfa male. At 7:48 AM, E. M. Selinger said… ... Eric wrote I had a student once who wrote about the “alfalfa male” hero all through a …
romancebytheblog.blogspot.com/2006/09/eric-selinger-guestblog-teach-me.html – 179k – Cached

Now what’s to become of Matthew Hale, that alfalfa male in the herd of hate? One can almost despair for the orange-clad wretch who has languished in federal …
www.illinoisbar.org/Association/052g.htm – 39k – Cached

#2 2006-11-18 21:50:56

Fishbait2
Eggcornista
Website

Re: Alfalfa male/ Alpha male

Could they have had Alfalfa from the “Little Rascals” in mind? One of the least “alpha” of all males. . .

Board footer