Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2006-12-11 18:10:58

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'braising/braisin hussy' for 'brazen hussy'

braisin hussy – 397 ghits
braising hussy – 2 ghits
brazen hussy – 95,300 ghits

Braising is a method of cooking meat which may not be of the best quality. Quite what imagery any potential eggcorner may be entertaining when combining this with ‘hussy’ I have no real idea. I’m inclined to think it may be another example of hyper-correction, and the ‘braisin’ version simply mis-spelling…

Candace is a no~good, low down, two bit~braising hussy, and also a liquor bellied, saddle tramp. You should immediately remove that mean comment about me. ...
profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13307888 – 74k – Supplemental Result – Cached

ooh said the braising hussy ,can you download the software for your camera,we need footage of the mill etc. __ Eat my dust!.... sendpm.gif …
monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=83712&page=16 – 180k – Supplemental Result – Cached –

I wish I’d never laid eyes on that braisin’ hussy. But we’re together now, and that’s what matters. Who would have thought when we met long ago in that …
blog.myspace.com/ycsg – 124k – Cached -

Board footer