Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-02-03 02:09:37

gilibug

"author graph" for "autograph"

Here’s a precious one. From: http://www.hpana.com/news.19748.html

“We get celebrities in the Balmoral all the time and they often sign author graphs for fans – but no one has left one behind on an ornament before.”

(In reference to the fact that author J. K. Rowling signed a bust in the hotel, with the date on which she finished writing book 7 in the Harry Potter series.)

#2 2007-02-03 08:01:45

jorkel
Eggcornista

Re: "author graph" for "autograph"

That’s an awesome find.

I found 63 additional Google hits using the construction “his authorgraph”—almost all authentic eggcorns. Here’s the first half-dozen…

Amazon.com: God Will Make a Way: The Best of Don Moen: Music: Don MoenRivers Of Joy (I have his authorgraph in this album when he came to Kuala Lumpur concert many years ago) 2. God with Us 3. Worship with Don Moen …
www.amazon.com/God-Will-Make-Way-Best/dp/B000098ZRZ – 138k – Cached – Similar pages

Brashfink’s Series “Apostasy” on Fileplanet! – PHWonline ForumsI want his authorgraph, he’s my Comic-Idol :(. Kaka. View Public Profile. Send a private message to Kaka. Visit Kaka’s homepage! Find More Posts by Kaka …
www.boards.phwonline.com/showthread.php?t=4838 – 70k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

have u ever met…. [Archive] – Cool Teens ForumI met Jos Verstappen once. None of you except Tom know him but he’s a famous formula 1 driver from Holland. I got a baseball cap with his authorgraph on it. ...
www.cool-teens.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-9337.html – 14k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Where is lrng to skt & question re. controversial topics & good …... and of course adrian (btw, it was great meeting him this summer in newark, DE…a guy that i admire sooo much…i still need his authorgraph). ...
www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?t=1923 – 104k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Music : God Will Make a Way: The Best of Don MoenRivers Of Joy (I have his authorgraph in this album when he came to Kuala Lumpur concert many years ago) 2. God … Read More …
www.basicmusic.net/cgi-bin/store/bm.cgi … B000098ZRZ – 20k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Comp DetailComment:, Offprint from the Philosophical Transaction by Joseph Priestley, sent to Lavoisier with his authorgraph inscriprption “M. ...
moro.imss.fi.it/lavoisier/compdetail.asp?back=true&compid=3644 – 16k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Last edited by jorkel (2007-02-03 08:03:54)

Board footer