Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2005-11-23 14:41:05

klakritz
Eggcornista

'missed emotions' for 'mixed emotions'

‘Mixed emotions’ is a colloquialism for emotional conflict, doubt or uncertainty. ‘Missed emotions’ captures part of the meaning. About 200 ghits:

Being a single parent not receiving child support, I have missed emotions about putting someone in jail for failure to pay…
www.kthv.com/11listens_at_5/ 11_listens_e-mails_full.asp?storyid=13349

... that it is awesome! Sure your first day is full of missed emotions and you
are scared to death, but you will do fine.
courses.smsu.edu/ldm742t/advice.htm

I was subdued, watching with missed emotions as the children came in and sang for us. www.gavd.co.uk/gavduganda.pdf

Bale left her in a state of missed emotions trying to discern his words, trying to understand the meaning behind them.
dndonlinegames.com/showthread.php?t=8082

We have each taught in the same district for about 15 years. I have missed emotions as does My wife. does anyone teach with their spouse and how is it?
www.longislandweb.com/longislandweb-cgi-bin/ webbbs_files/chalktalk/secondary/secondary_config.pl?read=140

Board footer