Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-03-27 19:20:15

peanut

lying by admission

This is my first post. An aquaintance uttered this phrase in conversation with me the other day, and I wasn’t sure what to say.
I tried Google, and the only site on which someone wrote this exact phrase is something called “Revolutionaryleft.com.”

Adrienne

#2 2007-03-27 21:19:52

jorkel
Eggcornista

Re: lying by admission

I think it’s a great eggcorn. Here are a few usages I found on the web:

RevLeft.com [Powered by Invision Power Board]... this is untrue and as such, if we where to consider this ignorance, than we could only consider someone lying by admission, assuming we believe them. ...
www.revolutionaryleft.com/index.php?act … 30&t=38360 – 93k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

US military spending Discussion | Its All Politics… changing past was apparent now by simply saying “Wasn’t saddam one of your guys?”. To call this a “lie by admission” is laughable (and a logical leap). ...
www.itsallpolitics.com/3-vt1564.html?start=40 – 162k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

What about LYING? Liars? – ”...just not that into you” – tribe.netDo I consider that a lie by admission? In the beginning, no, unless it’s such a big deal that the vegan cannot accept the other person’s diet, ...
tribes.tribe.net/not-into-you/thread/33f53f36-7f5e-4d12-92e7-1a2d73ce4e2c – 68k – Cached – Similar pages

Reality Millions (Not HYIP) – MoneyMakerGroup ForumSo everything you see in front of you related to earnings when you log into your DOI account is a blatant lie by admission of DOI management themselves. ...
www.moneymakergroup.com/index.php?showt … 66&st=2535 – Similar pages

About BPD – Post details: BPD and LyingIn fact, she is a terrible liar by admission. However, she will omit the truth at times and it seems that the reason is that she wants to avoid judgment by …
anythingtostopthepain.com/index.php?blog=2&title=bpd_and_lying&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1 – 33k – Cached – Similar pages

Admissions By School journalsa sinner by confession, a liar by admission. Last post: x-posted to the new lj in hopes of getting more/any responses. So I’m leaving Cornell eventually. ...
journals.ljseek.com/search/Admissions%20By%20School/ – 55k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Board footer