Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-03-27 21:36:05

jorkel
Eggcornista

LEAF of faith. (leap)

Google counts on March 27, 2007:
1,450,000 “leap of faith”
9,590 “leaf of faith” – eggcorn
Analysis by Joe Krozel

A “leap” of faith refers to a jump (or discontinuity) in reasoning that can only be accepted through faith. Perhaps that concept isn’t so clear to some, and they’d prefer to cling to something more tangible … a “leaf” of faith. Could it be a leaf (page) of a holy book? A fig leaf perhaps? Or maybe even some new symbolism attached to a leaf taken from nature? Your guess is as good as mine!

Examples…

NetHandicap – InstructionIt won’t feel right at first, but the only way to improve is to make that leaf of faith. No matter what the direction of the swing path, remember the amount …
www.nethandicap.com/instruction/stopslicing0955.html – 17k – Cached – Similar pages

About Us – Customer TestimonialsOur leaf of faith could not have worked out better if we tried.. We had the time of our lives and our guests are still complimenting …
www.spitlerswaterfront.com.au/about_testimonies.htm – 26k – Cached – Similar pages

The Hindu : Andhra Pradesh News : Democracy took roots in India …``Our democracy is the greatest leaf of faith in mankind and this was made possible due to Gandhiji’s concept of non-violence.’’ ...
www.hindu.com/2005/03/27/stories/2005032708030500.htm – 16k – Cached – Similar pages

owelles99’s Xanga SiteI’m taking a leaf of faith and designing some of my curriculum around the film “A Prairie Home Companion” (which is supposed to be availableon DVD by …
www.xanga.com/owelles99 – 49k – Cached – Similar pages

Instant List… the implication of a storm to end all storms about to occur, the threesome must decide to “take a giant leaf of faith “ or hide from the Animal Eater. ...
www.tnrdlib.bc.ca/rr-indexes/il-601.html – 23k – Cached – Similar pages

The Miracle at DuimaWe took a leaf of faith to hire new teachers to complete the individual grade level classes and offer specialty classes. The first Guaymi Indian teacher was …
www.boyds.org/0206Duima.htm – 14k – Cached – Similar pages

4. The Rule of Seven Cochran and Stobbs in The Search for the …It won.t feel right at first, but the only way to improve is to make that leaf of faith. No matter what the direction of the swing path, remember the amount …
www.golfhelp.com/golftips/stopslicing0955.html – 4k – Cached – Similar pages

eBay My World – arara101213It was a big leaf of faith for me but by God’s grace we’re surviving, thank God for ebay!!! Things I sell. We sell almost anything from industrial surplus …
myworld.ebay.com/arara101213/ – 28k – Cached – Similar pages

The SimpleSwing Golf Forum – Why do Golf Shots Curve? (Slice, Hook …It won’t feel right at first, but the only way to improve is to make that leaf of faith. No matter what the direction of the swing path, remember the amount …
simpleswing.forumco.com/topic~TOPIC_ID~568.asp – 29k – Cached – Similar pages

Levittown Tribune; April 07, 2000 EditionRyan Linzie, in a leaf of faith, scored the winning goal with three minutes remaining. FULL STORY. SPORTS: Blue Dragon Lacrosse …
www.antonnews.com/levittowntribune/2000/04/07/ – 10k – Cached – Similar pages

Board footer