Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-04-11 16:44:48

gilligan

like it scale

One of my colleagues talks about the like it scale when analysing client feedback forms. A neat, near miss of an interpretation of Likert I thought.

#2 2007-04-11 17:07:14

jorkel
Eggcornista

Re: like it scale

Although I haven’t previously heard of the “Likert scale,” a little hunting around on the net brought it up…

Likert scale – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia A Likert scale (pronounced ‘lick-urt’ or ‘like-urt’) is a type of psychometric response scale often used in questionnaires, and is the most widely used …
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Likert_scale – 23k – Cached – Similar pages

It seems this scale is pretty well established among people who are in-the-know about making and giving questionnaires. Given that, I’d say that “Like-it scale” is a pretty darn good eggcorn for it! The only thing that might disqualify it is if the utterer knowingly said it as a pun.

Last edited by jorkel (2007-04-12 09:45:11)

#3 2007-05-01 16:27:28

gilligan

Re: like it scale

My colleague was definitely not punning, I called him on it and he googled the term too… he was rather surprised at his misuse of the terminology.

Board footer