Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-04-13 14:32:41

jorkel
Eggcornista

Collard greens mentioned on TV's "The Office"

I’m sure this eggcorn must happen all the time in real life. This following example comes from a TV comedy show “The Office”...

The Office: Diversity Day Episode Trivia – TV.com If I’d brought in some burritos or some colored greens or some pad Thai, love pad Thai… Stanley: It’s collard greens. Michael: What? ...
www.tv.com/the-office/diversity-day/epi … rivia.html – 51k – Cached – Similar pages

Last edited by jorkel (2007-04-13 14:43:55)

#2 2015-02-09 23:19:58

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

Re: Collard greens mentioned on TV's "The Office"

Hah! I just encountered “colored greens” for “collard greens” in issue #41 of the excellent political comic book World War 3 Illustrated. It’s a great eggcorn. as collard greens are a staple of soul food, the cuisine associated with “colored people” (as they used to be called when I was young).

Board footer