Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-05-19 09:06:12

rae

game vs. gain

“Game the system” (i.e. manipulate the system)—saw this written as “gain” the system.

Last edited by rae (2007-05-19 09:06:39)

#2 2007-05-19 09:35:14

jorkel
Eggcornista

Re: game vs. gain

Quite a few can be extracted from a Google search if you include “fraud” with “gain the system”—but I can’t always tell whether “gain” is used legitimately to mean “acquire” or as an eggcorn of “game”...

Transcript of the January 13, 2005 NCVHS Subcommittee on Standards …So fraud and abuse can be viewed either at a patient level, at a prescriber level, ... this was very easy to do, to gain the system – in a Medicaid program, ...
www.ncvhs.hhs.gov/050113tr.htm – 341k – Cached – Similar pages

Customs Service investigating scam involving contraband apparel …”We’ve got somebody who has been trying to gain the system, but as a result I can’t say anything because I don’t want to give anyone any ideas’ she said. ...
findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m5072/is_6_25/ai_97920285 – 33k – Cached – Similar pages

Online NewsHour: Supreme Court Watch—June 16, 2003… to stand trial on charges that he engaged in a variety of health care fraud. ... that in light of this ruling, defendants could gain the system? ...
www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/law/jan-june03/scotus_6-16.html – 36k – Cached – Similar pages

HRSA/MCHB 2005 FEDERAL/STATE PARTNERSHIP MEETING… who actually specialized in helping people learn how to gain the system. ... IT, fraud abuse and financing, and then there will be two presentations on …
www.cademedia.com/archives/mchb/partner … ts/27a.htm – 23k – Cached – Similar pages

Center for Immigration Studies… there is a greater—far less incentives to gain the system through just … some of the flaws in the system—was based completely on identity fraud. ...
www.cis.org/articles/2001/terrorpanel.html – 168k – Cached – Similar pages

Last edited by jorkel (2007-05-19 09:37:43)

Board footer