Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-05-29 13:46:04

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

"highbread" for "hybrid"

“Lowbread” gets a fair number of hits but always has the sense of ‘low-bred’ ie vulgar or coarse. ‘Hybrids’ on the the other hand get a pretty good press – ‘hybrid vigour’, ‘F1 hybrids’ and the new generation of hybrid cars are all viewed positively. Perhaps it’s the extra yeast that makes a ‘highbread’ ? In any event, I’m struggling to find an alternative image here, apart from the tall loaf…

Now I hear the honey bees are having problems because of a highbread corn something or nuther. OK I got to go before I get on the soap box. hahah …
muzzleloadermag.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/706104309/m/5281092981/p/2 – 58k – Supplemental Result – Cached

So…when am I going to turn in that civic for a highbread? I am very pleased reading this article. I there are more like it to come. ...
joneszoo.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2325&sid=fe856b7c1fe912f15c3054dc5312b6b2 – 46k – Supplemental Result – Cached

An “Ace of spades’’ is a vitro blackie error marble with much more color then other blackies almost like a highbread …....the swirl makes a black ace with …
marbleconnection.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=3812 – 83k – Supplemental Result – Cached

bairam. 06-26-2005, 11:28 PM. I agree that it looks like a hibiscus. Maybe a highbread of some kind. It’s very pretty and a great shot. ...
www.wetcanvas.com/forums/archive/index. … 78897.html – 5k – Supplemental Result – Cached

OMG imagine if he was an actually scorpion/human highbread and actually had pincers… lol, come on do you seriouslly think Kishimoto would have that, ...
forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=21728&page=6 – 160k – Supplemental Result – Cached

#2 2007-05-30 09:53:20

jorkel
Eggcornista

Re: "highbread" for "hybrid"

Hi Peter: I don’t know if you realize that the Eggcorn Database has Hybrid—-> High bred. Even so, I guess you’re putting forth the variant “highbread” where “bread” is taken literally. (Hopefully others won’t tag on the “high bred” topic that was already covered).

Board footer