Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-06-13 12:04:58

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'reckonise' for 'recognise'

reckonise – 271 ghits
reckonize – 739 ghits

I feel sure this should have registered somewhere already, but I can find no trace of it. To ‘reckon’ is to count, estimate, calculate or judge so ‘reckonising’ does make sense even if it has no relationship to ‘re-cognition’... (‘reckonition’ gets 381 ghits)

In my case I have a part time home in Arkansas and they reckonize my Utah permit but do NOT reckonize my Colorado permit. I guess I know get screwed there …
www.topix.net/forum/source/kusa/TQ82T686VGSD1VV51 – 65k – Cached

I have uninstalled Nokia PC Suite but it still wont reckonise the phone – the USB 2 Serial is set to be on COM4 [which i have tried to connect to on …
www.mobile-forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=27783 – 36k – Supplemental Result – Cached –

we, as atheists, reckonize christ for the non-religous master carpenter he was. he could pound out a medieval kitchen full of cabinets like it was nobodys …
groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupID=101462102&MyToken=c996442b-3d… – 32k – Cached

I reckonise what you are saying Chav, but as sure as night follows day, the posts will be what about a North West match, what about a Welsh match, ...
www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/intersite_ … _read.html – 67k – Cached

Board footer