Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-06-22 13:51:02

klakritz
Eggcornista

"bumper zone' for 'buffer zone'

I heard a co-worker say ‘bumper zone’ today, so I googled it and sure enough… Buffers and bumpers both prevent undesired contact. Examples:

A bumper zone, with no text or other pictures, must always be left… purpose of the bumper zone is to keep the logo and the motif clear …
www.feelmax.info/extra/tiedostot/cmyk/G … elines.pdf

... replaces it with an important bumper zone around stream beds to ensure water quality.
www.tnconservationvoters.org/legislatur … e%20Update

In addition, during the war we would need to immediatly create a bumper zone where all travel items get checked for nukes…
ftgforums.com/forum/general-non-game/mccarthy-the-genius-and-any-other-interesting-place-the-thread-leads/0/

But, he added, those wells are way, way up past the 200-foot “bumper zone” the zone between the coal company’s mining-permit boundary and …
findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_33_18/ai_91475058

Larry Nye you propose this 100ft on the bumper zone. I don’t understand this bumper zone.
www.preble-ny.org/planning/planning-4-12-01.doc – Similar pages

Board footer