Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-07-15 01:39:33

klakritz
Eggcornista

'no it all' for 'know it all'

Particularly eggcornish when the ‘know it all’ is accused of being persistently negative. 3,000+ ghits:

Are you concerned that I’m going to act like a no-it-all, act like they’re father (or mother) and try to put out their creativity ...
www.dibdabdoo.com/careers/greyhair.htm

We have a NO-It-All daughter who is just like her NO-It-All mom. And the daughter really hates it when Mom contradicts her.
askmrslinklater.blogspot.com/2006_02_01_archive.html

I for one hate to admitt it but it seems he is starting to turn into a no it all, never his fault guy.
forums-beta.sportingnews.com/topic.php?p=2174247

Anyone like to argue with a no-it-all 17 year old?
www.soapinmama.com/

ehhhh, I don’t mean to sound like a no-it-all here, but… first of all, Alexander Samuelsson did not design or invent the famous contour Coca-Cola bottle.
www.wombatfile.com/2006/06/the_friday_q … ering.html

I guess you could say I was a no it all…. Well that attitude, that stubborness, that pig headed attitude that I could do it by myself… Cost me big time.
www.nationalinvestorsnetwork.com/HomePa … index.html

hey, not to be a ‘no-it-all’ but one of those quotes are wrong.
www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/printthread.php?t=41396

#2 2007-07-15 07:38:25

jorkel
Eggcornista

Re: 'no it all' for 'know it all'

Since we’re on the no/know theme, here’s one going in the other direction (from elsewhere in the Forum)...

KNOW-brainer (no-) by jorkel Contribute! 0 2006-11-19 16:43:33 by jorkel

Board footer