Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2007-09-27 16:49:13

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'screamish' for 'squeamish'

Many folk have the Elmer Fudd-like speech impediment which would sound ‘screamish’ as ‘squeamish’; it wouldn’t take much compensation by sympathetic listeners to misinterpret what’s meant. ‘Scream’ moreover is a much less obscure word than ‘squeam’, which isn’t a word at all.
It doesn’t seem too far-fetched to imagine that those who are excessively fastidious and easily shocked may well scream when confronted by something unpleasant.
390 unique hits, not all relevant…

It’s not that i am screamish, its just i dont want the stress of that, its not my idea of fish keeping and if i am being selfish like that (which i still …
www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=210234 – 17k – Cached

PARASITE REMOVED FROM THE EYEBALL OF A YOUNG N, NOT FOR THE SCREAMISH!Loa Loa worms (also known as the “eye worm”) are classified as filarial worms, ...
www.lemaroc.org/videos/video-zw0oV7m3rjk.html – 16k – Cached

One woman couldn’t buy a whole chicken from the supermarket through being too screamish, yet she listed her favourite food as chicken? ...
vbulletin.thesite.org/archive/index.php/t-107605.html – 14k – Cached

If you’re screamish about eyes (y’know like touching your own eye, that sort of thing) or needles it’s best to avoid this film! ...
www.marchondowntheline.co.uk/forum/view … 97dc936d62 – 85k – Cached

It sounds like it involves operations and I’ma bit screamish – okay, so I’m very screamish ….. Is it good? Chez. Back to top …
www.cmongethappy.com/bulletin/viewtopic … 857bbb380b – 67k – Cached

#2 2007-09-27 17:11:37

jorkel
Eggcornista

Re: 'screamish' for 'squeamish'

Awesome find Peter. One of your best to date.

#3 2007-09-27 17:16:52

JonW719
Eggcornista

Re: 'screamish' for 'squeamish'

I think, if my understanding of eggcorns is correct, that this would be a classic one!

Feeling quite combobulated.

Board footer