Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-09-27 11:49:13

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'screamish' for 'squeamish'

Many folk have the Elmer Fudd-like speech impediment which would sound ‘screamish’ as ‘squeamish’; it wouldn’t take much compensation by sympathetic listeners to misinterpret what’s meant. ‘Scream’ moreover is a much less obscure word than ‘squeam’, which isn’t a word at all.
It doesn’t seem too far-fetched to imagine that those who are excessively fastidious and easily shocked may well scream when confronted by something unpleasant.
390 unique hits, not all relevant…

It’s not that i am screamish, its just i dont want the stress of that, its not my idea of fish keeping and if i am being selfish like that (which i still …
www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=210234 – 17k – Cached

PARASITE REMOVED FROM THE EYEBALL OF A YOUNG N, NOT FOR THE SCREAMISH!Loa Loa worms (also known as the “eye worm”) are classified as filarial worms, ...
www.lemaroc.org/videos/video-zw0oV7m3rjk.html – 16k – Cached

One woman couldn’t buy a whole chicken from the supermarket through being too screamish, yet she listed her favourite food as chicken? ...
vbulletin.thesite.org/archive/index.php/t-107605.html – 14k – Cached

If you’re screamish about eyes (y’know like touching your own eye, that sort of thing) or needles it’s best to avoid this film! ...
www.marchondowntheline.co.uk/forum/view … 97dc936d62 – 85k – Cached

It sounds like it involves operations and I’ma bit screamish – okay, so I’m very screamish ….. Is it good? Chez. Back to top …
www.cmongethappy.com/bulletin/viewtopic … 857bbb380b – 67k – Cached

#2 2007-09-27 12:11:37

jorkel
Eggcornista

Re: 'screamish' for 'squeamish'

Awesome find Peter. One of your best to date.

#3 2007-09-27 12:16:52

JonW719
Eggcornista

Re: 'screamish' for 'squeamish'

I think, if my understanding of eggcorns is correct, that this would be a classic one!

Feeling quite combobulated.

Board footer