Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2008-01-24 10:02:33

JonW719
Eggcornista

Author vs. Arthur

Has this one been covered? It doesn’t seem to be in the forum anyway.

I have heard people calling authors “arthurs.” (Likewise, I have a friend who consistently pronounces King Arthur as King Author.) Not really an eggcorn, I’m thinking, and probably just a mispronunciation. But it’s kind of interesting anyway.

This is a hard one to search for…. king author brings up Stephen King, for example, and book arthur brings up the kids’ books about Arthur, etc.

I did find this one:

YouTube – monty python-the black knight vs king author
funny fight between a knight an king author.If you wanna know …
Watch video – 2 min 52 sec – www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXT1fb_TkX4

Feeling quite combobulated.

#2 2008-01-24 15:46:53

patschwieterman
Administrator

Re: Author vs. Arthur

I posted on “King Author” here: http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/forum/view … hp?id=379. Like you, I was doubtful of its eggcornicity. I didn’t go looking for author>>arthur, however.

#3 2008-05-24 12:06:34

Rick Aster

Re: Author vs. Arthur

When I was young, some of my friends and I wrote “Arthur Unknown” as the author of some of the things we wrote, but as a joke. Checking in Google I find at least ten people who have used that name, and not always as a joke.

Board footer