Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2008-04-29 14:47:36

JonW719
Eggcornista

Ceaser salad

This one may only be a misspelling, or people may not know either Caesar (as in the Roman emperor) or Mr. Cardini (whose name, by the way, was spelled the Spanish way, Cesar), who created the salad. But it is very common to see it spelled “ceaser” (one who ceases?). I’m not sure if this is anything other than a misspelling (caeser is a somewhat irregular spelling unless one knows the origin), or if there is some new imagery that people picture when spelling it this way (or speaking it, I suppose).

chicken ceaser salad Recipes at Epicurious.compart of menu; quick and easy; wine pairing; healthy. search within results. go · advanced search | browse. 35 results found for: chicken ceaser salad …
www.epicurious.com/tools/searchresults? … aser+salad – 104k – Cached – Similar pages

Calories in Souper Salad Chicken Ceaser Salad – Nutrition Facts …Calories in Souper Salad Chicken Ceaser Salad – Nutrition Facts, and Healthy Alternatives – The Daily Plate Calorie Counter – Calorie counter, ...
www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calorie … aser-salad – 67k – Cached – Similar pages

Calories in Nature’s Best Organice Ceaser Salad Dressing …Calories in Nature’s Best Organice Ceaser Salad Dressing – Nutrition Facts, and Healthy Alternatives – The Daily Plate Calorie Counter – Calorie counter, ...
www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calorie … d-dressing – 61k – Cached – Similar pages

Ceaser Salad Fanlistingsetstats. 1.
www.geocities.com/ceaser_fan/ – 3k – Cached – Similar pages

astray recipes: Ceaser salad dressing – butter busters ceaser salad dressing – butter busters . Categories: Low-cal/fat · Salad · Pickles; Yield: 10 servings. Measure, Ingredient. ½ cup, Egg Beaters …
www.astray.com/recipes/?show=Ceaser%20s … ters%20%5E – 5k – Cached – Similar pages

Ceaser Salad — Blogs, Pictures, and more on WordPress

Feeling quite combobulated.

#2 2008-04-29 17:33:19

nilep
Eggcornista

Re: Ceaser salad

I agree that this is probably a misspelling rather than a reshaping.

This reminds me a bit of comments (from jorkel and nilep) on alterior>>ulterior (originally noted and analyzed by klakritz). Specifically, I think people reach for the more familiar spelling of <ea>.
http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=176

This may be influenced by cease (though, by the way, I think for most English speakers ceaser in the sense of “one who ceases” would be pronounced with an unvoiced /s/, whereas Caesar and Cesar both tend to have a voiced /z/). It may also be influenced by words like please, ease, grease etc.

Board footer