Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2008-06-09 20:51:04

JonW719
Eggcornista

Forty-two pages of unanswered posts

Did you know that we have forty-two pages of unanswered posts on this site? I discovered this today… there is a link at the very bottom of the Forum Index page (the one that defaults to newest posts on top) that shows all posts that have never received a response. They date back to October 2005. I’m thinking there may be some undiscovered gems there.

Anyway, I thought I’d share my serendipitous find with everyone and see if some of these old submissions might stir up some discussion.

Last edited by JonW719 (2008-06-09 20:57:03)

Feeling quite combobulated.

#2 2008-06-11 20:09:38

TootsNYC
Eggcornista

Re: Forty-two pages of unanswered posts

Well, let’s not let this become one of them!

That’s interesting—sometimes I see a post, and think, “that’s interesting,” but I don’t really have anything to add, so I don’t. Add anything, that is.

(not that I’ve been here that long, or have any importance)

#3 2008-06-11 20:15:57

JonW719
Eggcornista

I understand what you mean by the “Hmm, that’s interesting” response. I often don’t know what to say either. :-) But we have lots of newbies coming in who may not be aware of this rich treasure trove, and sometimes when I search for one thing, I find something else that I can respond to.

Feeling quite combobulated.

#4 2008-06-11 20:49:18

TootsNYC
Eggcornista

Sometimes what I’d say is, “that’s definitely an eggcorn,” but, well, what does that add?
I feel goofy.

But I’ll have to go look at the postings using that filter; good for some basic amusement.

I feel sort of like a dope, but I enjoy RE-reading eggcorns. Sort of like reading a book you’ve read before but still find interesting.

Board footer