Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-02-16 15:37:29

klakritz
Eggcornista

'mock my words' for 'mark my words'

Fairly common, although it more or less reverses the meaning of the phrase. Examples:

Now mock my words – the day is coming when you will bend your knee and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord.
www.perspectives.com/forums/view_ topic.php?id=50897&forum_id=70&page=3

But in a few years, mock my words, Atari will return! www.gamingvoid.com/forums/?showtopic=12

Mock my words, his reign of power will end once Osama Bin Laden is captured and Martyred Live in the most gruesome and disgusting way(s) on TV …
www.theintellectualviewpoint.com/ Forum/post.php?cat=4&fid=2&pid=1&page=1

what does not kill you will make you wish ih had, mock my words kid, you will see what i mean in time…
nbyn.proboards37.com/index.cgi?board=sok& action=display&num=1101427299

MOCK MY WORDS WHEN I SAY THAT AS YOUR HAIR CONTINUES TO GROW WHILE NATURAL YOU WILL GAIN A NEW SINCE OF CONFIDENCE AND BEAUTY. TRUST ME.
www.playahata.com/hataforum/posting.php?mode=quote& p=1881&sid=7b39ae289d6bf6875ad10ee99be5711c

This stock NEEDS to give some back, its a little over valued. Mock my words. Buy in when it hits 70 again…
forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?p=294323 –

Mock my words though, if this film isn’t real, then neither is Jerry Springer, and the people on that show are way dumber …
www.glossynews.com/artman/publish/ everything-is-everything-829.shtml

Board footer