Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2006-02-16 21:37:29

klakritz
Eggcornista

'mock my words' for 'mark my words'

Fairly common, although it more or less reverses the meaning of the phrase. Examples:

Now mock my words – the day is coming when you will bend your knee and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord.
www.perspectives.com/forums/view_ topic.php?id=50897&forum_id=70&page=3

But in a few years, mock my words, Atari will return! www.gamingvoid.com/forums/?showtopic=12

Mock my words, his reign of power will end once Osama Bin Laden is captured and Martyred Live in the most gruesome and disgusting way(s) on TV …
www.theintellectualviewpoint.com/ Forum/post.php?cat=4&fid=2&pid=1&page=1

what does not kill you will make you wish ih had, mock my words kid, you will see what i mean in time…
nbyn.proboards37.com/index.cgi?board=sok& action=display&num=1101427299

MOCK MY WORDS WHEN I SAY THAT AS YOUR HAIR CONTINUES TO GROW WHILE NATURAL YOU WILL GAIN A NEW SINCE OF CONFIDENCE AND BEAUTY. TRUST ME.
www.playahata.com/hataforum/posting.php?mode=quote& p=1881&sid=7b39ae289d6bf6875ad10ee99be5711c

This stock NEEDS to give some back, its a little over valued. Mock my words. Buy in when it hits 70 again…
forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?p=294323 –

Mock my words though, if this film isn’t real, then neither is Jerry Springer, and the people on that show are way dumber …
www.glossynews.com/artman/publish/ everything-is-everything-829.shtml

Board footer