Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2008-08-30 00:58:07

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

My profile says I've made 29 posts...

My profile says I’ve made 29 posts, but clicking “Show all posts” only yields 17, which I think is the correct number. I’m confused (as usual). What’s going on?

Dixon

#2 2008-08-30 01:14:59

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

Re: My profile says I've made 29 posts...

Dixon Wragg wrote:

My profile says I’ve made 29 posts, but clicking “Show all posts” only yields 17, which I think is the correct number. I’m confused (as usual). What’s going on?

Never mind; I’ve figured it out. The “Show all posts” list doesn’t list every post. It only lists every thread which I’ve posted on. Rather confusing to do it that way…

Dixon

#3 2008-08-30 01:21:44

patschwieterman
Administrator

I suspect the problem is that “Show all posts” really shows all threads—not all the posts within a given thread. So if you made multiple posts within any thread (and you have), your total # of posts will be higher than the number of threads shown by “Show.” Does that make sense? Now, mind you, I didn’t actually count….

[Edit: you apparently posted the second time right after I saw this—while I was responding.]

Last edited by patschwieterman (2008-08-30 01:24:16)

#4 2008-08-30 06:08:00

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

patschwieterman wrote:

...the problem is that “Show all posts” really shows all threads—not all the posts within a given thread.

Right you are! Thanks for your response.

This is obviously not a hugely important issue, but if it’s not too much work, someone may wish to avoid future confusion by changing the phrase from “Show all posts” to “Show all threads you’ve posted to”, or better yet, changing the programming to show a list of one’s posts rather than just the threads.

Dixon

Board footer