Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2008-09-16 17:24:05

klakritz
Eggcornista

'fridge benefits' for 'fringe benefits'

The database already contains the famous eggcorn ‘french benefits.’ This is also fairly common: Maybe it’s got to do with feeding the employees.

A best estimate of the fridge benefits provided to staff (based on the previous year’s FBT return) is to be included in the monthly payroll tax return. ...
wwwfp.education.tas.gov.au/admin/ff/taxother/procedures/payrolltaxprocedures.htm

SALES COORDINATOR – Hong Kong – JobsDB.com A competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates with fridge benefits as follows:. 5-day work week; On-the-job training ...
www.jobsdb.com/HK/EN/Job.asp?R=JDB188565994

... sick the fancy fridge benefits and just pay me more.
www.cfosnafu.com/7-must-have-perks-to-k … -on-board/

... holiday, and sick days) and the method of recovering costs for paid absences, i.e. through direct labor charges, fridge benefits, or indirect costs. ...
www.state.gov/g/tip/rfp/68904.htm

Fridge benefits – are extra benefits an employee may get as well as their wages or salary.
zuggs.net/hsc/Bus/Mind-Map%20-%20Rewards.ppt

If being an ENTREPRENEUR while watching your property investment mature and enjoying the fridge benefits of gazing out at the Atlantic Ocean, ...
www.bizbuysell.com/listing-information-q399974.html

...market conditions such as payment of efficiency wages, fridge benefits and prudent. human resource development practices translates into reduced mobility …
www.merit.unu.edu/archive/docs/hl/20060 … achino.pdf -

#2 2008-09-18 08:12:56

Rick Aster

Re: 'fridge benefits' for 'fringe benefits'

I can’t argue with any of the citations. Elsewhere, I have also seen fridge benefits used to mean refrigerator privileges. It was probably phrased that way as a joke, as if to say, “We don’t get any fringe benefits here, but you can put your lunch in the refrigerator.”

Board footer