Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2008-09-16 22:24:05

klakritz
Eggcornista

'fridge benefits' for 'fringe benefits'

The database already contains the famous eggcorn ‘french benefits.’ This is also fairly common: Maybe it’s got to do with feeding the employees.

A best estimate of the fridge benefits provided to staff (based on the previous year’s FBT return) is to be included in the monthly payroll tax return. ...
wwwfp.education.tas.gov.au/admin/ff/taxother/procedures/payrolltaxprocedures.htm

SALES COORDINATOR – Hong Kong – JobsDB.com A competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates with fridge benefits as follows:. 5-day work week; On-the-job training ...
www.jobsdb.com/HK/EN/Job.asp?R=JDB188565994

... sick the fancy fridge benefits and just pay me more.
www.cfosnafu.com/7-must-have-perks-to-k … -on-board/

... holiday, and sick days) and the method of recovering costs for paid absences, i.e. through direct labor charges, fridge benefits, or indirect costs. ...
www.state.gov/g/tip/rfp/68904.htm

Fridge benefits – are extra benefits an employee may get as well as their wages or salary.
zuggs.net/hsc/Bus/Mind-Map%20-%20Rewards.ppt

If being an ENTREPRENEUR while watching your property investment mature and enjoying the fridge benefits of gazing out at the Atlantic Ocean, ...
www.bizbuysell.com/listing-information-q399974.html

...market conditions such as payment of efficiency wages, fridge benefits and prudent. human resource development practices translates into reduced mobility …
www.merit.unu.edu/archive/docs/hl/20060 … achino.pdf -

#2 2008-09-18 13:12:56

Rick Aster

Re: 'fridge benefits' for 'fringe benefits'

I can’t argue with any of the citations. Elsewhere, I have also seen fridge benefits used to mean refrigerator privileges. It was probably phrased that way as a joke, as if to say, “We don’t get any fringe benefits here, but you can put your lunch in the refrigerator.”

Board footer