Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2008-10-25 20:47:03

klakritz
Eggcornista

'nest of kin' for 'next of kin'

This is surprisingly common, maybe because one commonly cohabits with close relatives. (It’s also a converse to ‘next egg’ for ‘nest egg’, which I posted long ago.)

The term as used in the statutes of New York, as well as when it is used in wills nnd settlements, frequently means heirs or the nest of kin, ...
books.google.com/books?id=FtUNAAAAYAAJ…

It might be that in some cases they were dilatory (as administrators usually are), but there could be no doubt of their legal liability to the nest of kin. ...
books.google.com/books?id=DqwDAAAAQAAJ…

Skiing Waiver…all liability for any loss, damage, expenses, or injury including death that I may suffer or that my nest of kin may suffer …
www.blacktuskhelicopter.com/Skiing%20Waiver.pdf

... who held that the nest of kin were entitled to one-half of the distributable residue of the estate: In re Jamieson …
books.google.com/books?id=WsYzAAAAIAAJ…

I made more research over his death, and it proved to me that he did not name any individual as beneficiary/nest-of-kin [heir] to his funds before he died, ...
www.scamdex.com/MHON/P/msg02205.php

The news that most of our prisoners of war in Italy had fallen into German hands occasioned a great deal of anxiety among nest-of-kin in New Zealand.
www.nzetc.org/tm/scholarly/tei-WH2Pris-_N93804.html

#2 2008-10-26 13:45:26

kem
Eggcornista

Re: 'nest of kin' for 'next of kin'

Another good one by the klakritz corporation.

When I pass on, do my nest of kin get my nest egg?

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer