Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2009-03-02 19:08:10

Sandi

collected consciousness

nilep’s post here http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/forum/view … hp?id=3581 reminded me of a similar phrase, which at first I thought I’d misheard “collected consciousness”. It was repeated and I was able to confirm that term was what I had head.

I’ve Googled it and found that our local speaker is not the only person to use this term. In conversation with him (but without directly asking), I gleaned that it was the concept of the collected ideas of many people, coming together to be form a group opinion. This is not strictly what I’d understand of collective consciousness but seemed like an interesting shift, at least to me it did.

Board footer