Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2009-10-27 20:53:54

David Bird
Eggcornista

Going "rouge"

Go rouge in time for Hallowe’en.

Now that Sarah Palin’s new book is out, Going Rogue, and is a red-hot seller among conservatives, it’s time to look at the phenomenon of “going rouge” on the net. Some sort of popular entertainment (film? game? book?) has spread the idea that vampires can be nice and conservative, or they can go rogue, like Ms. Palin. Misspelling this as “going rouge”, as if you were merely blushing, is embarrassingly common. Not an eggcorn but still striking.

online fiction – “Forsaken Rouge of the Night”
It all started off the same, for awhile you start off happy and at peace with your other self, maybe even at peace with the world. But as time goes on you can only take so much from regular ones around you. You start to loose your ability to keep control and you might even go rouge, which I would not suggest. One reason above them all is if you do go rouge your whole life is changed. I’ll tell you the story of me and my brother and how our lives changed when I went rouge.
(http://www.testriffic.com/story/daddyX21/56313)

Potter fanfic
If Harry were to ignore her teachings and act upon his emotions, she would be forced to take action. Elementals were dangerous as it is and the worst possible thing that could happen to the world, as it is, would be if one would suddenly decide to turn rouge …
(http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2629731/6/Icy_Destiny)

Pre-election political blog
Palin Going Rouge? Big Surprise.
(http://carldems.blogspot.com/2008/10/pa … prise.html)

Last edited by David Bird (2009-10-27 23:07:34)

#2 2009-10-28 15:18:25

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

Re: Going "rouge"

“Rouge elephants” and “Rouge Males” conjure up some odd mental images and there are plenty of examples out there. Then there’s an abundance of “rogued cheeks” for balance.

On the plain in Spain where it mainly rains.

#3 2009-10-28 18:47:36

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: Going "rouge"

I love it. I do like to dab a hint of rogue on myself to prepare for the soirée. It’s not too expensive and it makes the ladies howl (Link)

Board footer