Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2009-11-03 21:09:40

jorkel
Eggcornista

REBOOST (reboot) a computer

Perhaps some think that “booting” a computer might involve kicking it out the door. At least “boosting” a computer suggests taking it from a suboptimal state to a more functional state.

Examples:

How to remove http://www.virprotect.com/?aff=1012 malware – Techie …my pc also infect by this malware ,and the best is when i do as your mothod ,i cannot reboost my computer to safe mode.when i press F8, it did not show the normal selection,but has …
www.techiecorner.com/136/how-to-remove- … 12-malware · Cached page

How do i reboost my computer? – Yahoo! Answers
Best Answer: I believe u mean to speed up your computer to the days when u first buy your PC or laptop?. Uf this is so go download the following :- 1) Clean your PC/lap top using anti …
Resolved · 9 total answers
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006040109844

My laptop volume is messed up? – Yahoo! Answersi don’t have the volume icon.When i go to “Program” ,”Accesories ”,”entrainment”, and “volume control” .and it doesn’t work ! plz help i had to reboost my computer due to a virus …
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090603134050AA8dXjS

Cool Surfing Gear – Types Of Surf Boards Knowledge Base
So if an old device is wrong which device is wrong? one of ther Audio driver rather than AC 97 Audio( I once tried delate AC 97 Audio, but when I reboost my computer it wasn’t …
coolsurfinggear.com/knowledgebase/browse/37/typesofsurfboards.html

Last edited by jorkel (2009-11-03 21:12:20)

#2 2009-11-03 23:24:01

kem
Eggcornista

Re: REBOOST (reboot) a computer

Eggscellent. I was able to track down about 20 examples. I assume the error also happens with “boot/boost,” but this switch is harder to track down.

Here is someone complaining about naive computer users: “No, We do not REBOOST a computer, we reboot them.”

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer